August 13, 2014

Fouquieria fasciculata



Comes from the dry tropical forest habitats to warm deserts in Mexico.

Is said to grow only on steep slopes and canyons in the Metztitlán area of Hidalgo west to adjacent Querétaro.

Has a massive, fat trunk that tapers into spiny branches.

I have had this plant for more than 25 years and I can't see any size difference in that fat trunk. I have cut back some of the branches.

I got it from a small road side plant place some where on our way to Deming New Mexico, or was it on our way back.  I can't remember.

It's been in the ground for the last 15 or so years. It was not flowered in all that time.

When it was planted in was in full sun, not any more as some trees have  grown up so now it's in part shade most of the day.
I know it should be move to get more sun but where?
 

No comments: