January 5, 2013

Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii


Four different clones of Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii , or should I say thats what the tags implies.

Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii  (the standard form)

 

Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii wide leaf clone (wide leaf form? so far it looks the same as the standard form)

 

Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii green form (so far it doesn't look to green to me)

 
Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii silver form (they all look silver to me)






One more Cryptanthus that should be grown as a Dyckia.

I picked these up last year as small offsets that were not fully rooted.

It seemed to me they were slow to grow in the heat of summer but when the temperature cooled down they did better and are now well rooted.
I don't know to much about them, as far as how big they will get or if they make lots of offset or just a few.


A photo of plant in it's habitat.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cerrados/8013973954/


The Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii that I have are in the same pots and soil mix they came in. But when the time comes to repot them I'll use the same mix that all my dyckia's go in. One part peat and 3 parts perlite.  I also use it for  Cryptanthus warasii.

 

No comments: