July 23, 2013

Operculicarya decaryi


A thick bumpy and twisted trunk that can have zigzagging branches and alternate odd-pinnate leaves with tiny shiny dark green rounded leaflets.

In its native habitat in Madagascar.

It is a drought deciduous tree to nearly 30 feet tall with a 3 foot wide trunk

 Mature plants can have small reddish to brown flowers at the tips of the branches in late winter. Male and female flowers on separate plants.

Plant in full to partial sun in a well-drained soil and water only normal in summer months less in winter. I have seen any flowers on my plant.




This plant is about 3 1/2 feet hight. But I keep cutting it back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from greece.I want to by 2 plants operculicarya decaryi.Can you tell me where i find them?

turtlewalker34205 said...

Tropiflora and can ship to your country.
This is a link.
http://www.tropiflora.com/