October 25, 2012

Aechmea, Hohenbergia and Neoregelia

Neoregelia hyb
This was a hyb. that  Ray Coleman did and didn't like that had Neoregelia carcharodon and I don't know what else.
I got it at one of Tropiflora sales a few years back then it was in a 6 inch pot. It had flowered once and produced the 3 offsets you see. They are way larger then it's mama.
 
Neoregelia hyb. by Ray Coleman
My little helper

Neoregelia hyb. by Ray Coleman




Aechmea mexicana albo-marginata    is also a big plant that doesn't grow that fast.  It had flowered 2 years ago and put out 2 offsets.
 

 

Out of all the Hohenbergia I'v seen I still like Hohenbergia correia-araujoi the best.


This one also flowered a few years ago and put out that you see.





My little helper for the day was my granddaughter Leliah age 3


 

No comments: