October 16, 2012

Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii


In the pass year I have been looking for Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii.

I've been fortunate, I not only been able to get 1 but 4 different clones.

It seems to be a very hard to come by plant. It's slow to grow and doesn't offset a lot, so far.

It's one of those Cryptanthus that need more of a dry condition to grow with full sun unlike most  Cryptanthus that would like it moist and in the shade .  I have been growing like a Dyckia.

The 4 different clones are:
 

Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii
Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii
 

Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii green form looks a little bigger with the longer leafs.
I'm thinking it's just a little older.
Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii green form
Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii silver form

 Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii wide leaf clone
Cryptanthus leopoldo-horstii wide leaf clone
 
If there was no tags on them I wouldn't know one from the other.  
 
I haven't had them that long to get any offsets yet.
 

No comments: